Encroachment Permit

Encroachment Permit        EP Flow Chart          FAQs

An Encroachment Permit, including appropriate plans or exhibit, is required for any work that impacts or has the potential to impact any public water and/or sewer facilities or District easement or District property as determined by the District through the permit application review process.

It is the responsibility of the permittee to get the permit signed off at the completion of the work. For all newly constructed custom homes the permit must be signed off by the District Inspector and occupancy release must be issued by SMWD prior to receiving the Certificate of Occupancy from the County regardless if the County requests it or not. Neglecting to have the permit signed off and receive SMWD’s occupancy release can result in inaccurate water bills.