Start / Stop Service

Start or Stop Service - Residential

Start Water Service
Link above opens a new window to a secure form.

Stop Water Service

SMWD does not transfer services. If you are moving, please request to stop service at your old address and request to start service at the new address.

Contact Customer Relations

Our Customer Relations representatives are thoroughly trained and skilled in answering all kinds of questions related to your water service. Representatives are available to assist you!

  • Business Hours: M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • Chat with a SMWD representative:

  • Email: 
  • Phone number: (949) 459-6420

Non-Residential Customer Application

Request for water and sewer services (PDF)

  • Business hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • Contact: Elena Wilson at or (949) 459-6509
  • It may take up to 48 hours to receive a response

To report a water or sewer emergency outside of regular business hours, please call Customer Relations at (949) 459-6420 and follow the instructions for emergencies. The appropriate staff member will be notified immediately.