What is a Sewer System Management Plan?
SMWD’s Sewer System Management Plan (SSMP) details the actions taken to manage the wastewater collection system effectively.
It consists of the following elements:
- Collection system management goals
- Organization of personnel, including the chain of command and communications
- Overflow emergency response plan
- Fats, oils, and grease (FOG) control program
- Legal authority for permitting flows into the system, inflow/infiltration control as well as enforcement of proper design, installation, and testing standards, and inspection requirements for new and rehabilitated sewers
- Measures and activities to maintain the wastewater collection system
- Design and construction standards
- Capacity management
- Monitoring plan for SSMP program effectiveness
- Periodic SSMP Audits, periodic SSMP updates, and implementation of program improvements
For the complete SSMP Report (11.5 MB) click here.