Thank you for your interest in water conservation.
Approval of applications will be on a first-come, first-served basis and is subject to funding availability. Submittal of a reservation request or application does not guarantee approval or payment.
Turf Removal and Spray-to-Drip Rebate Programs
Customers MUST apply and receive pre-approval BEFORE beginning any Turf or Drip projects:
SoCal WaterSmart Rebates
The SoCal WaterSmart regional rebate program is available to SMWD customers, courtesy of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California and the Municipal Water District of Orange County. Residential customers can apply for rebates AFTER buying the following devices:
- High-efficiency Clothes Washers – $85
- Premium High-efficiency Toilets (1.1 gallons per flush or less) – $40
- Rotating Sprinkler Nozzles – $2 each (minimum of 30)
- Weather-based Irrigation Controllers or "Smart" Timers – $80 for single family homes; or $35 per station for single-family homes >1 acre, multi-family homes, and commercial sites
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems – $80 per home; or $35 per station for single-family homes >1 acre, multi-family homes, and commercial sites
- Rain Barrels – up to $35 per barrel (up to 2)
- Cisterns – up to $350 (quantity of 1)
Please keep the following in mind:
- Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
- Submitting a rebate application does not guarantee you will receive a rebate.
- Rebate applications are available online only.
- Commercial customers must reserve a rebate PRIOR to purchase.
- Rebate reservations are not required for residential rebates.
- Only original receipts will be accepted as proof of purchase.
- Rebate applications and proof of purchase must be postmarked no later than 60 days after submitting your application.
- Some devices or products may no longer be eligible for a rebate. Rebate amounts are subject to change.
- For more information or to submit an online rebate application, visit SoCal WaterSmart or call 888-376-3314.